Jul 29 , 2020
- Cheshire Pork Baby Back Ribs
- Yellow mustard
- Apple Juice (approximately 6 cups total)
- Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Pecan Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Peach Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Butter Bath & Wrap
- Heath Riles BBQ Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar BBQ Sauce
- Trim baby back ribs to your liking, make sure the membrane is off of the back of each slab.
- Coat ribs with a binder, we used yellow mustard, this is what we use on a regular basis.
- Season back of ribs with Everyday Rub, Honey Chipotle Rub, Pecan Rub and then Peach Rub (in that order). All ribs to set for approximately 5 minutes. Flip ribs and repeat on the front of ribs (Everyday, Honey Chipotle, Pecan and Peach Rubs). Allow ribs to set for 20 minutes.
- Cook at 275º on smoker of your choice (we used pecan wood), we did these on the Outlaw BBQ Smoker, for about 2 hours. Spritz with apple juice every 45 minutes if you wish.
- When ribs are at approximately 160º, pull them off to wrap with Butter Bath & Wrap. 1 pack of Butter Bath can be mixed with 5.5 cups of apple juice, you will only use 3/4 cup for each slab.
- Pull foil for each slab. Add a layer of Honey Chipotle Rub on the foil before placing the rib front down. Add Honey Chipotle Rub on the back of the rib. Add 3/4 cup of Butter Bath & Wrap and wrap in the foil. Repeat this process with all slabs of ribs.
- Place wrapped ribs back on the pit for about an hour, you are looking for an internal temperature of 203º-207º. Once ribs hit this temperature, take them off to rest for approximately 30 minutes.
- Mix sauce (1 part Tangy Vinegar BBQ Sauce to 2 parts Sweet BBQ Sauce). Glaze ribs on the front and back. Sprinkle some Peach Rub on top.
- Place ribs on a wire rack (if you choose, you can just put them straight on the smoker grates if you want) and put back on the pit at 275º for 20 minutes to set sauce.