Dec 09 , 2020
- Bone-In Prime Rib Roast (ours was 10lb / 4 bone)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Whole Carrots, chopped
- 4-5 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Red Wine
- Olive Oil
- Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub
- Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Au Jus Base
- 1 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 2 teaspoons of Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
- Take Prime Rib Roast out of refrigerator 2 hours before seasoning / cooking to allow it to become ambient.
- Get PK Grill (or any grill) ready for a 2 zone fire.
- Place vegetables (onion, carrots & celery) in pan.
- Inject prime rib roast in grid-like pattern.
- Add remaining injection to vegetables and red wine.
- Coat Prime Rib Roast in Olive Oil.
- Season Prime Rib Roast with Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub and then Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub.
- Place Prime Rib Roast on bed of vegetables and place on the grill.
- Use Chef's Alarm to cook to an internal temperature of 120º.