Boston Pork Butt Recipe on the Pellet Grill
- Trim fat caps down to 1/4 an inch or less, trim some fat off of the money muscle if you wish, trim any bone fragment off of the butts
- Mix Heath Riles BBQ Pork Injection with apple juice (1/4 cup of injection to 12 ounces of apple juice for EACH but)
- Inject each butt using a grid / checkerboard pattern all over (front, back & sides)
- Apply yellow mustard or other binder of choice
- Coat butts with a light layer of Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub all over
- Apply a light layer of Heath Riles BBQ Pecan Rub all over
- Apply a light layer of Heath Riles BBQ Peach Rub all over
- Apply a layer of Heath Riles BBQ Honey Rub all over (Honey for the Money!)
- Place butts in small pans (if you wish) with fat cap side up. Place butts on Traeger (or any pellet grill or smoker of your choice) at 275º (we used Hickory pellets)
- Cook butts at 275º for approximately 2.5 hours and then spritz with apple juice. Cook an additional 2-2.5 hours (until butts are 150º-160º internally).
- Mix 1 cup of Heath Riles BBQ Sweet BBQ Sauce and 1 cup of Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar BBQ Sauce together. Pour 1 cup over each butt after mixing sauce up good.
- Wrap butts with aluminum foil and place back on the grill / smoker (we set a Chef's Alarm for 200º so we would know once they were done).
- Once internal temperature of 200º is reached, take butts off of cooker and let them rest for 1-1.5 hours.
← Older Post
Newer Post →