Double-Cut Bone-In Pork Chop Recipe
by Heath Riles
For these Double Cut, Bone-in Pork Chops, we pulled out all the punches. I reverse seared them, used our Tangy Vinegar sauce and topped it with an orange marmalade glaze. They were delicious!
- 1 Heritage Cheshire Farms 10 Rib Rack Bone-in Loin Roast OR 2" Double-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops from your local butcher
- Binder for meat (mustard or oil of choice i.e. olive, grape-seed, avocado)
- Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub
- 1 cup Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar Sauce
- 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- Remove bone-in loin from package and dry off moisture, cut 2" thick chops from bone-in loin if cutting on your own, if not, you already have your cut pork chops from your local butcher
- Apply binder to meat, in the video we used grape-seed oil
- Season chops with a light layer of Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub on all sides
- Season chops with a heavy layer of Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub on all sides
- Let chops sit for about 20 mins while you get your grill ready
- Get Golden's Cast Iron cooker (or the grill of your choice) up to about 225° using Royal Oak Charcoal, remember to set up for a 2 zone fire to reverse sear
- Once your cooker is up to temp, add a piece of wood if you choose (we used hickory wood)
- Put chops on cooker, remember to put them on the cool side in order to get the smoke going before searing
- Flip chops after about 20-25 minutes or once they reach about 90° cook them for another 20-25 minutes until they reach 125°
- Make glaze, 1 cup of Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar sauce and 1 cup of orange marmalade, reduce down to form a glaze
- Once your chops are 120-125°, remove them and crank your fire up to 500-550° to sear them.
- Glaze chops with sauce/marmalade reduction before putting back on grill.
- Put chops on to sear flipping after a couple of minutes to get your chops to an internal temp of 145-150°