Grilled Venison Tenderloin Medallions with a Red Wine Mushroom Cream Sauce on the Golden's Cast Iron Grill
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub
FOR RED WINE MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 small container of fresh, sliced Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 3/4 cup of Red Wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Trim venison tenderloin and cut into medallions.
- Make marinade (ingredients above) and allow meat to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours. It is ok to marinate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Once ready to grill, get grill up to temp. Our Golden's Cast Iron Cooker was around 450º-500º.
- While grill is heating up, take medallions out of marinade and season with Heath Riles BBQ Hot Rub and Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub on both sides.
- Get ingredients ready for Red Wine Mushroom Cream Sauce if you plan to cook on the grill like Heath did. We cooked this sauce in a cast iron skillet.
- Cook medallions on grill until an internal temperature of 125º-130º is reached. Remove from heat.
- Make Red Wine Mushroom Cream Sauce if you wish. Allow medallions to rest for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- Once your sauce is done and your meat is rested, ENJOY!
← Older Post