Aug 11 , 2020
WHAT HEATH USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Heath Riles BBQ Steak Cooking Bundle (Garlic Jalapeño Rub, Beef Rub & Pecan Rub)
- Olive Oil
- Ribeyes (or steak of your choice!)
- Trim any excess fat off of ribeyes if you wish
- Apply olive oil to outside of ribeyes as a binder (both sides)
- Apply a light coat of Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub (both sides)
- Apply a light to medium coat of Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub (both sides, we also used this on the edges of the steaks)
- Place steaks back in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes while you light your grill and bring your GrillGrates up to temp (remember we put all of our our hot charcoal on 1 side of the grill in order to be able to move our steaks over and let them finish on indirect heat)
- Spray GrillGrates with oil once they are approximately 550º - 600º
- Apply a light coat of Heath Riles BBQ Pecan Rub before placing steaks on the grill 8. Place steaks on at an angle and mash them down good against the grates, set your timer for 2 minutes. Once timer goes off, rotate your steaks at a 45-90º angle to achieve diamond marks. Set time for 2 minutes again. (4 minutes total for each side of the steak)
- Flip steaks and repeat steaks
- Once you have cooked for a total of 8 minutes (4 minutes on each side) check your internal temperature.
- Move steaks to cooler side of the grill and let them cook to your desired doneness. We went to 125º and took our steaks off once this temperature was reached.
- Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into them and eating! (This part is hard, we know!)