- 5-6 lb whole chicken (spatchcocked)
- 1 red onion (cut into quarters)
- 1 package multi-colored carrots (halved or quartered depending on thickness)
- 1 small package of fingerling potatoes (or regular sliced potatoes)
- 2 lemons (1 sliced & 1 halved)
- Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp minced garlic - poultry herb blend (fresh herbs - rosemary, sage & thyme, de-stemmed & chopped
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tbsp Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub
- 1 tbsp Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub
- Make compound butter (ingredients above).
- Heat Traeger (or any pellet grill) to 325º, we used Pecan Pellets for this recipe.
- Grease / oil sheet pan.
- Season and rub compound butter on chicken.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil and Everyday Rub, Simple Citrus Rub & Garlic Butter Rub
- Place chicken in center of pan, place vegetables around chicken.
- Place on pellet grill and cook until chicken breasts are 165º internally (about 2 hours)