Nov 10 , 2020
- Beef Tenderloin (ours was 3.5-4 lb)
- Olive Oil
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub
- Salt & Pepper
CREAMY HORSERADISAH SAUCE:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1/3 cup of prepared horseradish (or more if you prefer it spicy)
- Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
- Fire up Drum Smoker or any smoker of your choice to 275º-300º.
- Coat beef tenderloin with a light coat of olive oil.
- Season beef tenderloin with Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub.
- Season beef tenderloin with Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub.
- Season beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Once smoker is up to temperature, place beef tenderloin on. We used a Chef's Alarm set at 125º.
- After cooking for 30 minutes, roll tenderloin over on smoker. Continue to roll every 30 minutes while beef tenderloin cooks.
- Remove beef tenderloin once it reaches an internal temperature of 125º. Let it rest while loosely covered with foil for 15-20 minutes.
- Make your horseradish sauce if you plan to (recipe above).