Smoked Chili Cheese Queso on the Pellet Grill
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 lb Velveeta Cheese (1 large block)
- 1 8 oz bag of Tillamook Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained (we used mild)
- 2 cans of Original Rotel
- 1 can of Chili with no beans (we used Hormel)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub
- 2 tbsp Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub
- Get pellet grill up to 300º. We used the Traeger Timberline 1300 with Hickory Pellets.
- Mix all ingredients in a large pan.
- Place on grill for 45 minutes. Stir ingredients together.
- Cook for another 30 minutes, stir again.
- Cook for another 30 minutes until all ingredients are melted and combined well. This is a total cook time of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- ENJOY with chips of your choice.
*NOTE: If you want your dip to be thinner, you can add a little milk to achieve the consistency of your choice.
← Older Post
Newer Post →