Smoked Feta Pasta with Shrimp | Pellet Grill | Heath Riles
WHAT HEATH USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- 1 block of Feta Cheese
- 2 pints of Heirloom, Cherry tomatoes (or regular)
- 10-12 cloves of Garlic (more or less to your liking)
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil, plus more for shrimp
- Italian Seasoning (we used McCormick's)
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub
- 1 lb raw, medium size Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 10 oz package of Pasta
- Fresh Basil (we only used .5 oz)
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese (we grated ours, this is if desired, not a must)
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Get Pellet Grill (or any grill) up to temp, we went to 400º and used Hickory Pellets for our cook.
- Place block of feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves in a large cast iron skillet.
- Drizzle with approximately 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- Season with Italian Seasoning, Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub, Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub and Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub.
- Place this skillet on the grill for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Take your smaller cast iron skillet and place your shrimp in.
- Coat shrimp well with Olive Oil.
- Season your shrimp with the same seasonings as your cheese mixture: Italian Seasoning, Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub, Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub and Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub.
- Allow shrimp and seasonings to sit at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes.
- After allowing shrimp to sit for 20 minutes, add 2 tbsp of minced garlic and 2 tbsp of butter before placing on the grill.
- Place small skillet of shrimp on the grill and allow to cook for approximately 20 minutes (your other large skillet should still be cooking also).
- You can now cook your pasta noodles to have them ready. We boiled them inside on the stove top. Reserve some pasta water if desired to add to your finished dish.
- Remove both skillets from grill. Your large skillet should have a total cook time of about 45 minutes. Your small skillet should have a total cook time of about 20 minutes.
- Mash tomatoes and feta cheese and mix well. Add basil.
- Pour cheese and tomato mixture over pasta noodles and mix well.
- Add your shrimp and garlic mixture to pasta as well.
- We returned our mixture to the large skillet and topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese. We then topped with a little Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this description are affiliate links where we may earn a small commission if you use them. This is at no additional cost to you.
← Older Post
Newer Post →