Smoked Honey Sriracha Wings on the Gateway Drum Smoker
by Heath Riles
- 5 lbs whole chicken wings (we had 14 total wings)
- Olive Oil
- Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Honey Rub
Ingredients for Sauce:
- Heath Riles BBQ Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 5 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Take wings out of package and dry off with a paper towel and place on a pan or rack in the refrigerator to dry off good for 2-3 hours.
- Light Drum Smoker (or any smoker), bring to a temperature of 275º-300º
- Rub wings with olive oil, coat with Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub (repeat this step on both sides)
- Coat back of wings with Heath Riles BBQ Honey Rub and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Turn wings over and coat front of wings with Honey Rub.
- Place wings on the smoker for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, rotate the rack and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Flip wings over to other side, cook for 20 minutes. Start checking the temperature of your wings. You want the internal temperature to be 185º at least.
- Take wings off and brush with sauce on both sides. Place back on the smoker for about 5 minutes.