Nov 24 , 2020
- Pie Crust (unbaked, we used store bought, feel free to make your own)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Get pellet grill (or any smoker) up to 350º, we used apple pellets for this cook.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, butter, sugar & vanilla in a large bowl and mix together.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Place pie on grill for 1 hour before checking. After one hour, check pie to see if the inside is only slightly jiggly. (we ended up cooking our pie for 1 hour and 10 minutes, cooking times will vary at different altitudes)
- Cool completely before serving so the middle is "set".