Smoked Wings 2 Ways Recipe
by Heath Riles
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings (separated)
- 1/2 bottle of Heath Riles BBQ Cherry Rub
- 1/2 bottle of Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub (or less if desired)
- 1 1/4 cup of Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar Sauce (separated)
- 1/2 tsp Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeno Rub
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper (seasoning on cherry wings)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (for Kinda White Alabama Sauce)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch (separated)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup mayo of your choice
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- Dry off chicken wings with paper towels. (For best results, air dry wings on a rack and sheet pan in the fridge for at least 1 hour) Separate wings, half for Cherry Black Pepper Wings and half for Crispy Garlic Butter Wings.
- Mix rub and cornstarch separately for each set of wings. Cherry Rub, Black Pepper and cornstarch in one bag; Garlic Butter Rub and cornstarch in the other bag.
- Place wings in bags and shake to evenly coat. (If you do not wish to shake in bags, you can season both sides while shaking rub on, etc...)
- Fire up Traeger grill (or any pellet grill) to 375º F and preheat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once grill is hot and preheated, cook wings for 45 minutes flipping half way through.
- For Sweet and Spicy Tangy Vinegar Sauce, mix 1 cup of Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar Sauce & 1/2 cup of honey
- For Kinda White Alabama BBQ Sauce, mix 1 cup of mayo, 1/4 cup of Heath Riles BBQ Tangy Vinegar Sauce, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp prepared horseradish, 1/2 tsp Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub & 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Toss Cherry Wings in the Sweet and Spicy Tangy Vinegar BBQ Sauce (return to the grill to char if you wish)
- Toss Garlic Butter Wings in the Kinda White Alabama BBQ Sauce (or drizzle over if you wish)