Aug 10 , 2021
WHAT HEATH USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Heath Riles BBQ Pecan Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Chicken Rub
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub
- Gateway Drum Smoker
- Black Gloves
- Stone + Wood Cutting Boards
- YETI Rambler 30 oz
- Thermapen Mk4
- Royal Oak Charcoal
- Royal Oak Tumbleweeds
ALABAMA WHITE BBQ SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups Mayo
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 cup prepared Horseradish
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp spicy Mustard
- 1 tbsp Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Remove chicken from packaging, dry off.
- Cut out the backbone of the chicken to spatchcock.
- Remove the innards of the chicken.
- Coat the chicken in olive oil.
- Season chicken with Heath Riles BBQ Chicken Rub and Heath Riles BBQ Pecan Rub or seasoning of your choice.
- Put chicken on the cooker, we used the Gateway Drum Smoker and cooked at 300º.
- Flip chicken at the one hour mark and check the temperature, ours was around 130º.
- Flip chicken again after 30 minutes and pull at 160º-165º.
- Allow chicken to rest. Top with Alabama White Sauce if you wish, recipe above.