You can take a good dip anywhere. Parties, cookouts, family reunions, tailgates…you name it! Well, this is a dip everybody will want to see on the table. It’s bursting with flavor and taste. Scoop it up with a chip, piece of pita bread, or a carrot or cucumber and it is mouthwatering. And it doesn’t take long to make it either. Let’s dive into my new Smoked Bacon Blue Cheese Dip now.
Making my Smoked Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
I made up this recipe based on foods I really enjoy. It can be added to, or you can leave stuff out. It’s all about your personal taste.
My dip only has a few ingredients, making it one of my most simple recipes.
- Block of cream cheese. This is the base for my dip.
- Bacon. Savory and full of taste, it’ll add happiness in every bite.
- Blue cheese. The strong, unique taste of blue cheese really makes anything stand out.
- Mayonnaise. Nothing adds creaminess like some mayo.
- Green onions. I used these to add a little color and taste to my dip.
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeño Rub. I wanted some garlic flavor and a little heat, and this rub gives me both, plus even more zesty flavor.
The Equipment Setup
The Process for Making My Smoked Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
I did a video showing each step of me making this dip. Feel free to follow along. I also added the directions at the end of this post.
Here we go!
- Heat the grill. I fired up my Traeger Timberline 1300 to about 350 degrees F.
- Mix the ingredients. Using a medium glass bowl, I added the entire block of cream cheese, bacon bits, mayonnaise, sprinkled and a good dose of the Garlic Jalapeño Rub.
- Fold it all together. I took my spatula and folded all the ingredients together.
- Toss in the blue cheese and green onions. Once the first few ingredients were mixed up good, I added about half of the blue cheese and a few of the green onions and folded them in. I kept adding a little of both and mixed them in until everything was mixed together in the bowl.
- Put the mixture in a skillet. I grabbed my cast iron skillet and sprayed it with some non-stick spray. I used my spatula to get all the mixture transferred over and smoothed it out even.
- Top it off with more rub. My Garlic Jalapeño Rub does such a good job of adding depth and flavor to everything, I couldn’t resist giving the skillet a final sprinkle of it.
- Cook it up. I placed the skillet on my grill for about 20-30 minutes to cook and melt together. I knew it was done when it started getting bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove it from the heat. I was careful, because cast iron skillets get scorching hot. Using heavy pot holders, I took the skillet off the grill and let the dip cool down for about 10 minutes. Boy, the smell was amazing! Waiting to eat it about tortured me to death.
I’m a blue cheese fan, and one bit of this dip made me think I’d died and gone to Heaven. Wow, the flavor and texture are both amazing. Creamy, zesty, savory, and my Garlic Jalapeño Rub adds the final bit of delicious flavor. This dish will be an instant favorite wherever you decide to take it.
Serving Suggestions for My Smoked Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
The easiest thing to do is make a big skillet of it, put some pita or tortilla chips beside it, and let people eat as much of it as they want.
Transfer the leftovers to a bowl and close it off with aluminum foil or a lid. It’ll keep for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
Equipment and Tools
*Notes About My Smoked Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
- If you like your dip a little creamier, add a little more mayo on the front end.
- This is an easy recipe to double or even triple. It all depends on how big the party is, or how hungry the ones you’re feeding are. Just make sure you have the right size cast iron skillet.
Smoked Bacon Blue Cheese Dip on the Traeger Timberline 1300
Get your Traeger Grill, or grill of choice, up to temp of approximately 350º .
Spray cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix your cream cheese, chopped bacon, garlic jalapeño rub, and mayo until smooth.
Toss blue cheese crumbles and green onions into your bowl and mix until smooth.
Transfer your mixed ingredients into 8" cast iron skillet and spread evenly.
Place the cast iron skillet on your grill for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve with crackers, chips or veggies