When I saw this SweeTarts Cocktail going viral on TikTok, I had to try it! Quite a few versions are floating around, but this is my twist. I kept things simple, but you’d never know it! If you’re looking for a fun, simple drink, you’ll adore this one. It’s tart, sweet, and perfectly fruity. Kids who grew up on SweeTarts will get a kick out of this new way to enjoy a classic.
This drink comes together in just a few minutes, giving you a quick buzz. Serve it at your next party, date night, or to whet your appetite before the next big cook. Either way, you’re in for a treat! Friends and family will adore this cocktail that tastes like dessert.
You can’t beat an easy cocktail that comes together in no time. You’ll want to add this recipe to your bucket list if you enjoy trying new things. It is deceivingly good! With every sip, you’ll be transported back to your childhood.
A tasty cocktail that comes together with just three ingredients? Count me in! You can easily find all of these things at your local grocery store. Here’s what you need to add to your shopping cart.
- Kool-aid. When I was a kid, there was nothing better than an ice-cold pitcher of Kool-aid on a hot day. This ingredient gives the cocktail a sense of whimsy and its fruity flavor. I used grape and cherry Kool-aid, but you can experiment with your favorite flavors. Lemon-lime, watermelon, mixed berry, and black cherry would taste amazing. If you want to lower the sugar content, you can substitute sugar-free Kool-aid or even fruit juice.
- Vodka. My favorite vodka is Tito’s, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Your bar, your rules! Vodka is the perfect liquor to pair with this drink. You can use as much or as little as you want. I filled half the soda bottle and thought it was the perfect amount.
- Orange soda. Another nostalgic ingredient, what are the odds? Orange soda is always one of my favorites. It adds another fruit note to the cocktail and gives it the best hint of fizz. I used Orange Crush, but you can substitute your favorite brand.
The Process for Making Viral TikTok SweeTarts Cocktail
You can find a detailed demonstration in the short video and recipe card. Here’s a quick overview of how I pulled this delicious drink together.
- Pour the soda. To get started, I poured half of my orange soda down the drain. If you have kids around, save the excess soda for them. Then, I added my Kool-aid packets to the remaining soda.
- Add vodka. Next, I poured in my vodka, replaced the soda cap, and gently shook the bottle to mix. You may want to let your cocktail sit for a few minutes, so it doesn’t fizz all over the counter.
- Serve. I filled my Yeti Rambler with ice and poured the SweeTarts Cocktail over the top. The only thing left to do was drink up!
This fantastic cocktail was unexpectedly delicious! I recommend trying it even if you’re not into mixed drinks. It’s tart, sweet, and delightfully fizzy. In my opinion, it tastes very similar to SweeTarts!
Serving Suggestions for Viral TikTok SweeTarts Cocktail
If desired, you could garnish the rim of your glass with crushed SweeTarts and an orange slice. This fruity cocktail is excellent on its own, but sometimes, you need an entire spread! Here are a few savory main dishes to balance it out.
- Texas-Style Pulled Pork Sandwich. This delicious sandwich is packed full of Texas-style flavor. You won’t believe how juicy it is! Serve this sandwich alongside a handful of potato chips.
- Wagyu Tomahawk Ribeye. If you’re serving this cocktail for date night, keep things classy with a tasty Tomahawk Ribeye. This is one of my favorite cuts of beef. It’s flavorful, and one ribeye is perfect for two! Serve this ribeye with mashed potatoes and a side salad.
- Classic BBQ Cheeseburger. This delicious drink tastes fabulous alongside a thick cheeseburger! This Classic BBQ Cheeseburger is one of my favorite ways to make a patty. Pile it high with the toppings of your choice. You can’t lose! Serve this cheeseburger with french fries or baked beans. Yum!
- Craft a drink flight. Drink flights are all the rage, and they’re a fun party activity! Serve my Viral TikTok SweeTarts Cocktail alongside my Mississippi Sunrise and Jalapeño Margarita for an incredible variety. You can also add your favorite craft beers for a beer flight. It’s bound to be a good night!
Because this cocktail contains fizzy soda, I don’t recommend storing leftovers. The drink would taste flat! Adjust the quantity as needed if you don’t think you’ll drink the entire bottle. As listed, this recipe serves 2-4, depending on how much you plan on drinking!
Equipment and Tools
Viral Tik Tok SweeTarts Cocktail
We're making a viral Tik Tok drink. I've seen this drink all over social media, so I had to give it a try for myself. This drink is easy to make. All it requires is two packets of Kool-Aid, your favorite vodka, and orange soda. That's it. If you're a fan of SweeTarts or fruity drinks, this is the drink for you. You'll have to give it a try.
- • 2 packets of Kool-aid
- • Your favorite vodka
- • 2 liter of orange soda
Empty half of your 2 liter of orange soda.
Pour both packets of Kool-aid into your 2-liter.
Fill up the rest of the bottle with your favorite vodka.
Shake your 2-liter bottle, and pour your SweeTarts drink into a glass over ice.