There’s always some new way to cook up a tasty meal or finger food. These Brisket Stuffed Peppers are just the thing for your next party or family night. They’re simple to make and packed with tons of flavor. Make a big platter of these and they’ll be gobbled up so fast you won’t know what happened.
Making Brisket Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is a fun, unique take on brisket. It doesn’t take long to make and is a great way to use leftovers. I wanted to try it to see how well the peppers, brisket, and other flavors worked together to make a tasty snack. Let’s get started.
- Chopped brisket. I used some I had in my freezer, but freshly-cooked brisket works good, too.
- Sweet peppers. I’ll be stuffing these multi-color peppers with my brisket.
- Cream cheese. Rich and savory, cream cheese works well as a filling.
- Cheddar cheese. This, along with the cream cheese, adds taste and texture to the dish.
- Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub. The herbs and spices were hand-picked to enhance and elevate beef dishes.
- Heath Riles BBQ Sweet BBQ Rub. This is my go-to blend of seasonings for so many recipes. It never fails me.
The Equipment Setup
The Process for Making Brisket Stuffed Peppers
I recorded a video of this recipe. If you’d like to watch how I made it, go over to my Youtube channel and follow along.
- Assemble the ingredients. Digging through my fridge, I got all the ingredients onto a tray, ready to mix.
- Get the peppers ready. Using a sharp knife, I cut the sweet peppers in half (longways), de-seeded them, and laid them on a pan.
- Mix the stuffing. Combining the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and chopped brisket into a bowl, I folded them in until they were all mingled together. Then I sprinkled my Beef Rub into the mix to add some seasoning and give it some spicy heat from the red pepper.
- Stuff the peppers. Using my hands, I picked up a small ball of stuffing and packed it into a slice of sweet pepper, making sure they’re as full as possible. Because, after all, they aren’t called “Half Stuffed Peppers”, right?
- Wrap peppers in bacon. Bacon never does me wrong. Just to make them even more tasty and delicious, I took half a strip of bacon and wrapped it around a piece of the stuffed pepper. I started at one end and wrapped the bacon around to the other end, laying each pepper on a cooling rack as I finished.
- Add the final seasoning. I sprinkled a light dusting of my Sweet BBQ Rub on the top of the bacon-wrapped peppers. This rub will give the dish a nice barbecue note once it’s cooked.
- Get them on the grill. I placed the rackful of peppers on the grill, closed the lid, and set my timer for 20 minutes.
- Check and pull them off. After about 30 minutes, my peppers were done and the bacon was perfectly cooked. Using tongs, I pulled them all off the grill onto a plate.
- Let them cool. Biting into these too soon will burn the roof of your mouth. I let these set and cool for 15 minutes to avoid this agony.
I got a big bite and…delicious! The flavor of that brisket mixed with the cream cheese and cheddar cheese was perfect. And the beef rub added a ton of extra taste and a little bit of heat to the whole thing. The sweet rub on the outside gave it some barbecue flavor, too. Boy, these are flat out taste bombs.
Serving Suggestions for Brisket Stuffed Peppers
Most people will eat 2-3 of them while they’re mingling at a party or watching a football game.
Honestly, I’ve never had any of these left. However, they’d keep well if you put them in an airtight container and stored them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Equipment and Tools
Brisket Stuffed Peppers Recipe on the Pellet Grill
Slice peppers in half and deseed them.
Mix shredded cheese, cream cheese and brisket together.
Season mixture with Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub (to taste).
Stuff peppers with cream cheese mixture.
Wrap peppers with thin sliced bacon (we cut the package in half and used half pieces of bacon for each pepper).
Place stuffed peppers on a wire rack (if you choose, can be placed directly on the grill of your choice, or even in the oven).
Season peppers with Heath Riles BBQ Sweet Rub.
Place on pellet grill 350º-375º for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is done.